Questions:

"No one owns their distant ancestors."
--Noah Tutak, CEO Geni.com, "Privacy in a Collaborative Environment" RootsTech 2012, Feb. 4, 2012, 1:45-2:45 session). 

Here are some of the questions I came up with and that were asked during the lecture from Noah Tutak, CEO Geni.com, entitled:  "Privacy in a Collaborative Environment" (RootsTech 2012, Feb. 4, 2012, 1:45-2:45 session).
  • How can I take genealogy, a single person hobby, and collaborate with others?
  • How can I assess AND access others expertise in photography, genealogy, writing, etc.
  • How can I access what you have, and how can you access what I have?
  • How can we come together and coordinate and share our work?
  • How can my work interact with your work?
  • How can we prevent anyone from having to do what has already been done?
  • How do we prevent duplication of work?
  • What do you know that I don't know?  What do I know that you don't know?  How can we put it together to further our research?
  • How do we still have privacy in a collaborative environment?
If you have any ideas or thoughts that come to you, PLEASE leave a comment or email me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales