Kemmerer, Wyoming

I take a day and leave Evanston and drive to Kemmerer to do some research.  After a few stops, I am in the public library in Kemmerer, Wyoming.  I ask the librarian if there were more books about the local history of Kemmerer and Lincoln County.

She explains the small collection is all the library has.  Then, suggests I speak to someone from the local historical society.  Lucky for me, the gentleman from the historical society, who jogged her memory had just walked into the library.

She introduced us.

I began questioning this gentleman about the local history.

He asked me who in particular I was looking for in Kemmerer. . .

I answered, John Richard Roberts.

This gentleman exclaimed, "That's my great grandfather!"

That is how we met and I am still in contact with this family member in Kemmerer!

What are the odds of that happening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales