Z--Zoo

picture from here
The above picture of zoo animals look so cute, however, the "zoo" I wish to expound on is not cute little animals! 
It is an "animal" of sorts: 
It is my loft. 
--my genealogy stuff! 


It includes my office/desk/copy machine/tables/credenza.
My desktop/laptop/IPad/scanner/printer. 

I have pictures/papers/documents/sources/correspondence.
I have to do's: urgent to-do/soon to-do/someday to-do/to-do lists/to-do items/and what to-do with?
I have books/files/magazines/notes/handouts/syllabus.
I have CD’s/flash drives/even floppies.
I have program software/clip-art/database collections.
I have newspapers/copies of newspapers/newspaper clippings.
I have journals/keepsakes/binders.


I am so blessed to have a "genealogy space" in my house where no one touches or moves anything; however, I have exploited the blessing and have let it get blown out of control!  (Don't call Hoarders, or I'll be in the back of that dumpster searching & digging  for my discarded "treasures"!)

I guess it is the nature of the "beast".  You gather and gather, and then you save to examine and analyze.  The more you gather, the more you save. The more you have, the greater source compilation and supporting evidence to document your research!!! 


Welcome to my zoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales