V--Visits to Vegas

Many years ago my dad and his wife, Joe, and myself ventured down to Henderson, Nevada to interview and speak with William Henry Meacham, son of Letitia Roberts(35).  In fact I met Billy and his son, E., at his mother's funeral. 

Each year in February for the past 9 years I have gone down to Las Vegs with my girlfriends.  While there I have stopped by to visit with "Wild" Bill Meacham.  He was always such a fun and lively character.  He had stories, photographs, quotes and lots of Roberts family information.  His home was your home.  He always wanted you to feel comfortable and at ease. 

I miss visiting with Billy, and I miss his wife Ella Mae.  As Billy would always say, "...his claim to fame."

For me Billy's claim to fame was our visits in Vegas!  Rest in peace, I miss you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales