January 2012


Many years ago when I first began family history work, January was my month--it was my Christmas.  I would bake casseroles and have freezer meals ready for my family, and I would organize my trip.  Armed with my printouts of books and films I wanted to look at, I would take a week and stay at my dad's or in-laws and spend a full week at the family history library researching. 

I would gather as much as I could and learn as much as I could in the week and then return home to organize, analyze and sort  through what I found.


So, traditionally, January is my "genealogy month."

Now that Christmas is over and January is approaching I thought I would do a new thing and relate some fun, weird, simple, interesting, and amusing things I have learned, found, come across, and located regarding the Roberts family.

For this month I will write a post relating to each letter of the alphabet.  I hope you find these posts interesting and informational. 

PS:  A special thank you to those who sent me support for the research during the month of December.  You are so kind and thoughtful.  THANK YOU!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales