S—Sweetwater County

Rock Springs Historical Museum, Rock Springs, Wyoming

My research trips to Sweetwater County begin in the county seat of Green River. The first stop is the usually to the County Clerk’s Office and the court house depending upon what I am researching. Second stop, is the Sweetwater County Historical Museum, to see what is new and to browse their new books, and lastly I visit the Riverview Cemetery to pay respects and search for relatives.  (See photo below)
Welcome sign in Rock Springs, Wyoming

The trip then takes me to Rock Springs, about twenty minutes away. While in Rock Springs, I usually go to the City Cemetery, Mt. View Cemetery, the Rock Springs Historical Museum, and Western Wyoming Community College to search microfilms of the old Rock Springs Rocket. Lastly, I will drive around the town and community, wondering if my relatives walked down this street, stopped at this business or saw this view.  If I have extra time, I LOVE to go to the old antique stores in the the historical part of downtown.  While in there I "feel close to them" browsing items they may have had or used!

Traveling to Rock Springs transports me back in time; as some of the buildings, roads and sites have remained the same. For this reason, I LOVE going to Sweetwater County to research and to visit!
Riverview Cemetery, Green River, Wyoming.  jrobertslott photo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales