U--Uinta County

unknown date.  picture from here
Trying to learn how the county court records office and county clerks office worked, I went to the local county office in Evanston, Uinta County, Wyoming.  I thought I would try and orientate myself with how the records were kept before I trudged off to Sweetwater and Lincoln Counties.

I first started with the Declarations of Intent.  I had never seen one and wanted to see what information was contained on these documents.  Imagine my surprise as I looked up the surname Roberts and found Isaac's Declaration of Indent!  I was shocked.  But, in hindsight I realized that of course documents may be in Uinta County, because the family did settle and work in Almy after leaving Pennsylvania and before moving to Rock Springs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales