Travel Log: #4—Packing

(note this post is part of a series of posts of my recent research trip to Des Moines, Iowa with my Dad)


6 days. . .in addition to my personal necessities I pack:
  • laptop including power cords, flash drives, locks, etc.
  • 2 cameras; camera chargers and cable cords for both
  • GPS for grave marking & extra batteries
  • research logs/guides*
  • questions for relatives
  • family group sheets
  • extra pencils, paper clips, sheet protectors, flash drives, etc.
  • addresses and phone numbers of local depositories I want to visit including times and locations and any restrictions.
  •  because I chose to drive I can also take my own printer!
So, in addition to my digital copies, I print out most of what I will need so I have a hard copy in case my electronics fail or I don’t have access to them.


*Actually my research logs are a notebook containing several organized sections.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales