Travel Log: #3--One Week and Counting


(note this post is part of a series of posts of my recent research trip to Des Moines, Iowa with my Dad)

After the hectic week I had last week, I begin this week by organizing everything I have and organizing my trip.

I have to organize where I want to go, what I want to find, and what I want to search. 

I begin by taking all of my notes and questions and create one gigantic research log.  I then cross reference the research log to family group sheets that contain all of the vital information I may need while I am in the trenches of the search!  (I have learned that if I combine research logs and identifying information, the research logs become too cumbersome to use as a research tool.  Thank you Rock Springs, Kemmerer, and Green River, Wyoming for the practice in location searches!)

I then want to put together a nice book for those family members I will meet and who will help me answer questions to further my research.

Finally, I copy everything I have made so my Dad can have a copy.  If he is going to help me research he needs all of the information. 
Stay tuned. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales