Travel Log: #1--Preliminary Planning:

(note this post is part of a series of posts of my recent research trip to Des Moines, Iowa with my Dad)

Two and a half weeks before the family history trip, I finalize my travel plans, deciding exactly where I want to go, when I want to go, and how I want to travel.

I decide to drive; not that gas is cheap, but driving will allow me some flexibility to make stops along the way to meet with family members.  In addition, there is no "weight limit" for luggage.  Not that I cannot travel without my shoes, I can, but when doing family history, you need stuff and you need equipment!

I make hotel reservations and I contact family members to make sure the time period will accommodate their schedules.

Now, the real planning and organization begins, I am very excited but also anxious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales