1940 Census & 1935 Des Moines Directory

I have not been able to locate all of the Roberts family members in the 1940 census.  So, while I was trying to locate some addresses of the Jones family in Iowa, I located a 1935 Des Moines directory.

It was very interesting!  These old directories, usually give the husband's name, the wife, and the husband's occupation in addition to their address.  If the entry was a widow, the deceased name is also included!

While looking at the 5 page list of Jones names, I was able to discern one family member because of her name and occupation!  Ironic, offhandedly a letter sent to me lists this person's occupation!  Match!  You just never know when a simple and single slice of information is the piece that will confirm a correct relation!

Here are two pages of the 1935 Des Moines, Polk, Iowa directory:



Happy reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales