I Love---Sweet Memories




I love driving from Evanston to Rock Springs early in the morning and seeing the landscape of grayish brown and brownish gray.

I love reading microfilm on B2 at the Library.  I love the dark secluded microfilm readers than transform you through time and through countries.

I love making copies of newspaper articles at WWCC.  I love reading the fascinating news and social articles, reading the ads and finding glimpses of my ancestors.  I love how the old newspapers seem to transport me back in time.

I love looking at original marriage applications at Sweetwater County Court House.  I love gleaning the information from the documents, touching the originals and reaching through time to young love of yesterday!

I loved driving to Iowa with my Dad and back home through Wyoming.  I loved listening to him recall stories as we traveled through Wyoming.  I loved spending uninterrupted one on one time with him for miles and miles and hours and hours, exchanging stories, life lessons, and theories.

I love visiting the Rock Springs City Cemetery; I feel very close to my ancestors there.

I loved meeting with Jones’ from Iowa they were so friendly and helpful.  I will always treasure our visit with them.

I loved meeting with Kathleen in Green River and seeing her family history scattered over her kitchen table; everything had a story that she shared with enthusiasm and passion!

I loved meeting with John in Idaho, seeing his journaling accomplishments and learning about his family and his memories of family members.

I loved meeting with Billy in Nevada.  He was always a wonderful treat full of embellished family stories and family mementos!  

I loved learning—I miss the weekly in-service classes at the FHL that taught us research techniques, but mostly I miss working with the research consultants and learning from them as they helped the patrons at the library.  That was a rich and valuable education.

I love the International Society for British Genealogy and Family History conference with Darris William, AG.  

I love attending RootsTech in person and I love watching the online videos.  I love being genealogy entertained and the learning.

I love taking History of Wyoming at Western Wyoming Community College and learning about the state of Wyoming.

I loved meeting Dear Myrtle (Pat) in person!

I love learning and upgrading my knowledge in genealogy as well as technology!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales