New Year's Resolutions...

With Christmas almost here and then New Year's I thought I give you something to ponder.  Over the years I have had many relatives come to me and ask if they can help research.  I have hesitated, not because I don't want the help, but rather because I don't know how to organize or coordinate the help.  These past few months as I have pondered this, I have decided I won't organize or coordinate the help, I will keep it really simple.  So, if you are serious about helping on the Roberts family history please contact me.

I am not expecting you to be experienced in any certain area.  I am not expecting you to donate a certain amount of hours.  I have learned from my research at the Family History Library and working on certain brick walls with my dad that another set of eyes, ideas, and thoughts can help immensely in locating and finding genealogy information.

Some of the things I could really use help with are:
  • Roberts Roots & Branches, the newsletter (articles about family members, research and ideas)
  • Blogs (any information, personal life sketches, ideas, research, or posting pictures)
  • Outreach through FaceBook and email (updating or contacting family members about the FaceBook page, and sending out posts a couple of times a month), 
  • Research.  There is research on the direct family line that still needs to be done, and on some of the collateral family lines that needs to be worked on.
  • New FamilySearch. For all of you on New Family Search as you can see we REALLY need help cleaning up some of the duplications and errors on the Roberts family.  Most of the errors, I can prove are wrong, but it is a considerable amount of work to gather that information together and submit it.
  • Organizing another Roberts Family Reunion in August.
  • Pictures.  My pictures are a mess.  I have no organization or order, in fact they sit in a boxes and on tables.  I would like to get them on the internet on the blogs and on CD's to share.
Think about what you might be able to do.  Think about how involved and how much time you have.  Please contact me via email or phone and we can get together and get started in January.  I will gladly share what I have so you don't have to start at the beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales