Largest Cemetery I have ever visited. . .

In December, I headed out to locate the burial of Jane Hamilton.  Yes, she has a headstone with her husband in Rock Springs, Wyoming, but she is buried in Phoenix, Arizona at the Greenwood Memory Lawn Cemetery.  

Jane Roberts Hamilton(15) and Andrew Hamilton's(45) in Rock Springs, Wyoming


My grandson was under quarantine from school, so he accompanied me to the Greenwood Memory Lawn Cemetery, and helped me locate Jane's grave.

Notice that temperature on a December day already by noon!


Jane Roberts Hamilton's gravesite in Phoenix, Arizona

Jane's grave is located right across from the office and was not too difficult to locate.  



This is the section where Jane is buried. 
 Notice the sinking of the ground in the middle of the photograph below.  


This is the sad reality of cemetery properties.  Hopefully this will be taken care of quickly by the sexton.  


This monument caught my eye and I had to snap a photograph, while trying to miss getting sprayed by the sprinklers!  Many times while visiting cemeteries I have had to dodge sprinklers, but never in December!




This is a close-up of the plague on the monument.


My favorite photograph from the Greenwood Cemetery.


This was probably the largest cemetery I have ever visited.

I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to visit these various graves over this period of time in 2021.  I feel sad that these Roberts family members are buried in remote locations and I often wonder how many visitors are able to visit.  Hopefully, with the future publication of "Where Our Roots Rest, Vol. III" more family members will have the opportunity to stop by and pay their respects while traveling through these western states.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales