June update

 

Well, it’s June already, and the month of May scuttled by too fast!  May was a month full of personal satisfaction for my work and my specific projects.  Books continue to sell steadily and feedback has been very positive.   I have met with more relatives and done many little things for some of my larger projects.

My document-auditing project is so overwhelming!  I am only on my second binder of documents.  Although this project is extremely important, it moves very slowly!  Through looking at each of my documents, I have found some great “re-finds” and made some interesting connections, while most of the work is tedious and time-consuming. 

Because of my boredom, I decided to do the Memorial Day 2021 project and I was able to get out about and gather more information from the cemeteries.  I was able to add two more cemeteries and three more graves to my “Where Our Roots Rest, Volume III”.  (Of course, there will be a volume III.)  There are still Roberts family graves I want to document.  The third edition will also have a section for cremations, to remember our family members even though there is not a physical grave to visit.  The cremations section will include a photograph and obituary. 

The Frontier Mine No. 1 Memorial Day project was big.  Since I had found most of the graves last fall, I knew approximately, where they were located and I was able to find them.  However, I decided to make the trip productive and in addition to distributing flowers, I tried to make directions in each section to each grave.  The weather did not cooperate and it was particularly cold and windy.  I was able to get maps and directions drawn, but it will take another trip to complete this project.  My trip to Kemmerer was very busy trying to combine the coalminer graves and the Roberts family graves, but the reward was humbling and satisfying.

I have another “project” I am in the beginning stages of and although I would love to share it with you, I need to wait a little longer.  However, this project is really, big and research changing.  I hope that in a month or two from now I will be able to share more about this project and how it will affect my research.

I have not worked on “Leaves on Our Tree” with the exception of rewriting a couple of pages and adding tidbits of interesting information I have found through my auditing project.  I have learned there are times when writing needs to “rest” and “infuse”, and currently “Leaves on Our Tree” is resting and infusing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales