Update on Research

I worked my usual monthly shift at the local Family History Library.  The shift is 3 hours, I stayed 6 hours because I scored many discoveries!

Here is what I found:
  • 9 US Federal Census Records
  • 4 Iowa State Census Records**
  • 2 Iowa birth record
  • 1  Social Security Death Record   
       Total:  16 new documents
Very exciting!
Here is why I am suddenly finding so much:

copied from FamilySearch.org (4-25-2012)

That is 5,153,318 searchable records since January 2012!  
Especially helpful when you are searching for the surname Jones!
 Thank you Indexers!
**I just LOVE the Iowa State Census records!  The 1925 Iowa State Census records asks for the individual's father's full name and birth place AND the mother's full name (maiden) and birth place!  It is especially wonderful when you find a mother or mother-in-law living with a family, because you obtain two generations of maiden names!!!

Now I'm off to add all of the new information to my RootsMagic program and analyze my new finds!  Have a great evening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales