Updates

Frontier Mine No. 1 blog. 
Updates Bibliography and added "The Hams Fork Coalfield A Geological Process."


Sarah Ann Roberts (11) & Joseph Jones blog.
I have added a photograph of their headstone.

I have found some great information about this family in the Des Moines Daily News that I cannot wait to share.

Speaking of the Des Moines Daily News, look at this article I found:



Here is what is says:
Mrs. Mary E. Jones of Rock Springs, Wyo., is visiting her sister, Mrs. Joseph Jones, 1401 Mondamin Avenue, where her son, Master Tom Jones of Creighton College of Pharmacy is spending his vacation.  They expect to stay in Des Moines three weeks.
(The Des Moines Daily News, 9 June 1912.)

Nope, it wasn't too difficult to find.  I actually did the name search of  "Joseph Jones" which pulled up the article.  Yes, the original article from the database is just as blurry as the above copy!  As I glanced at the article my eyes immediately noticed "Rock Springs, Wyo." and I knew it must be relative to my research.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales