Do You Believe Everything You See? Part 2

            On one visit to the Rock Springs Cemetery, I noticed there were a couple of people working in the general area of the Oblock Section and very close to the Meacham headstone.   Discreetly I sauntered across the rutted and uneven grass and as I got closer, I realized it was the Meacham headstone.  I was concerned that Reuben had passed away and the memorial workers were adding a death date.  Interested in the monument workers labors, I questioned their work on the headstone while eyeing their handiwork.  Rather than an addition to the marker, they explained they were making a correction to the marker.  Reuben’s birth date had been inscribed as August 8th, when in fact his birthday is August 3.  Below are three pictures of the same headstone before and after the correction and a current image of the headstone.

Same Headstone, Three Pictures
incorrect birth date for Reuben

correct dates, but incomplete

correct dates and complete

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales