Unexpected Blessing!


Because of life events, I was very blessed to be able to spend two school years in Rock Springs, Wyoming.  What a wonderful blessing!  I have had leisurely access to Western Wyoming Community College microfilms, Wyoming's historical books, community events, a creative writing class, local residents and access to community records.

I was blessed to freely search unrestricted by the constraints of time and travel.  I have had the blessing of snooping rather than searching from my to-do lists and research logs.  I did not have to worry about check out times, driving home or meals.  I had the time to freely browse the bookshelves at the libraries, bookstores, and thrift stores.  I even found some great historical books at book sales.

I have been able to spend two winters in Rock Springs and experience, to an extent the weather; the cold, the snow and the wind.  I have seen the cemetery in the snow, experienced the closing of schools for snow days and watched residents adapt and live in the challenging harsh weather of Wyoming.  

I have been able to share what I have learned about our family in Rock Springs with my own family.  Rock Springs has never been on their travel list; however, a visit to see family was on their list.  It was a perfect opportunity to share my knowledge of our family in Sweetwater County.  One family member, after chasing around a full weekend and learning about our family has had her heart turned to our family and our history. 

Being in Rock Springs has been a great and wonderful blessing born out of loss; a great and wonderful blessing for everyone involved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales