Have You Tried?



Want to have some genealogy fun with your friends?
Try the Relatives Around |Me on FamilySearch Family Tree


Quite a few years ago I heard about this concept at the RootsTech innovator competition.  It was fun to watch and hear about the thoughts behind the concept.

Today, it is fun to participate and use the program.

The first time I used this feature was at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.  It was fun to see who else at the Library was related.  But then, when we left the Library and went across the street to the mall we saw several of "our relatives" throughout the afternoon. It was interesting to be out in the "world" and see "relatives" that otherwise I would not have known.  It was a "connection" with the rest of the world.

I have used it several times with my friends while we were at lunch.  To my surprise twice, with two different friends, I am related through colonial ancestors!
I have used it several times with my in-laws.  Once again, colonial ancestors!
I have never used it in a large group, but I bet that would be a blast.

What is Relatives Around Me?

Relatives Around Me is a Family Tree feature that you use in FamilySearch.  The feature will tell you if the people around you (within 100 feet) are related to you and if they are, then the app will visually show your relationship. All parties must have the Family Search app open and you must "scan" to initiate the search.  All parties need to open and initiate the function.

I found the app very easy to use and very easy to view relationships. 

Here is the FamilySearch article about the Relatives Around Me feature on Family Tree.
https://www.familysearch.org/blog/en/relatives/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales