Happy---



---Arbor Day


Arbor is from the Latin word "arbor" meaning tree.

Arbor Day is the holiday in which we are encouraged to plant and care for trees.
The first Arbor Day was held on 10 April 1872; an estimated one million trees were planted that day.
In the United States Arbor Day   is celebrated on the last Friday in April.

“Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions, 
yet our roots remain as one.   
Each of our lives will always 
be a special part of the other.”  
 ------Anonymous



“Remember me in the family tree
My name, my days, my strife;
Then I’ll ride upon the wings of time
And live an endless life.”  ------Linda Goetsch 

 Sources:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbor_Day, Linda Goetsch


Comments

  1. How difficult is it to leave a comment?
    Me Smith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales