April Update


Each month seems to get away from me faster than the previous month!  

"Where Our Roots Rest, Volumes I & II" are selling really well and I have gotten positive feedback.  These two books will be very helpful since next month is Memorial Day.  So, if you are planning on going to the Wyoming cemeteries, purchase a book.  

"Leaves On Our Tree", my third book is in rough-draft and awaiting editing and proofreading.  I am SO excited to release this book.  It turned out really well and the stories are terrific and dear to my heart.  I am hoping to release this book next month, depending upon how my new project progresses.  

My new project is to audit my documents.  This will be quite the task since I have over 4,500 documents.  However, I have come to accept the fact that the following reasons deem it necessary:

1-Software sourcing has progressed so much that I need to update those documents I gathered in the very beginning and add the sources to my software program.  This will allow for a better use of my genealogy software program which will allow me to be a better writer and researcher.

2-It is always a good idea to go through and review previous documents, since researching provides new information. A fresh look at documents leads to new ideas and theories.

3-Writing the stories I have a greater need to have all of my sources available in each person’s digital file.  This will allow me to be a better and more comprehensive writer.

4-I need to sort through and make sure all of my documents are scanned and I have a digital copy.  This will give me an opportunity to double check and make sure I have digital copies.

5-Writing the stories has taught me the importance of uniformly citing my sources.  Learning my software sourcing has taught me to correctly use this wonderful resource.

6-This process will lead to the next project:  auditing all of the individuals in my database. 

Follow Roberts Roots & Branches on Facebook.  Invite your family to join our Facebook group and share the Blog posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales