April's Fools--Circus 10 Sept 1903, Rock Springs Rocket

Circus
Campbell Bros. circus reached here Tuesday morning, but were unable to give a performance in the afternoon, because of the high wind.  They were greeted by a good sized crowd in the evening, who pronounce the show the best that has been in Rock Springs for some time.  The animals were sleek and in good condition, the costumes fresh, and the acts good.  (edited) The menagerie was also above the usual standard. 
Our citizens have been so disgusted with fake shows that they are a little wary of attractions of that sort, but if Campbell Bros. should come again, they will be greeted by good crowds. 
(RS Miner, 10 Sept 1903, page 3.)

Next to the above article was this note:

Did not Go to the Circus

One of Rock Spring’s’ prominent business men said he had no desire to go to the circus, “I stayed at home,” he says, “my oldest daughter does the kangaroo walk, my second daughter talks like a parrot, my son laughs like a hyena, my wife watches me like a hawk, our cook is as cross as a bear, my mother-in-law says I’m an old gorilla.  When I go anywhere I want a change.”
(RS Miner, 10 Sept 1903, page 3.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales