Personal Historian Software Program Part 3—thinking outside the box!

While I am adding information from my flash drives into my history, I realize that I could open a new file to add my notes and articles about family history research.  I gather many articles from newspapers, blogs, and classes I attend about family history work.  I have never really organized them because it seems like such a big task and I have files and notes everywhere: on my flash drives, my laptop, my desk top, and IPad.   


I opened a new file and title it:  Genealogy.  I begin to copy, cut and paste these notes and articles.  As I am doing this I realize the value of not having to have folders and sub folders and to not have to open each document individually to view each article!  After I am done I do a trial print to make sure this is going to work, and behold, I am very happy!  The print feature formats the articles according to subject and then I can save it to a PDF, which will then enable me to open it on my IPad in IBooks!   

As I am transferring documents to my Genealogy file I come across articles specific to the Roberts family and decide to open a new file for just Roberts family articles.  This file will contain articles on coal mining, Wyoming, etc.  

Suddenly and very easily I have a place to sort, store and organize all of my many genealogy notes!  When I am ready to write an article about journaling I don’t have to open a bunch of folders, subfolders, and files.  On a single screen, I can easily skim through everything I have regarding that specific category!

Like I said, I love, love, love this software!


You can find details Personal Historian here: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales