Interesting Links

Thought I would share some information and blogs I have been following.

The Organized Genealogist
I found this blog to be interesting and helpful.  The number of posts are lean because it is a newer blog by Susan Petersen, and I am hopeful that she continues to add and update.  This is a wonderful idea and concept for a blog!  I also followed her on Facebook to keep up on any updates.  My favorite post was entitled, Reducing Some of My Paper.  I thought it was a great idea on how to save notes and other information from conferences.

 Hack Genealogy 
According to their website:

"Hack Genealogy is about “re-purposing today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy” and a little bit more. Hack Genealogy is more than just a list of resources. Hack Genealogy provides information on emerging technology inside and outside the genealogy industry. Hack Genealogy wants readers to understand how others succeed in genealogy."  Source here

As I was snooping around this site I came across, this video: The Password Trick .  I watched it and it is the BOMB!  Loved it.  One of the major issues we have had at the Library is patrons remembering their password.  I know that sounds crazy to younger generations, but we are not programed to remember which password and username goes with which account!  This The Password Trick is an clever idea!

I look forward to snooping around this site some more and finding more interesting and helpful information.

 Ancestoring
Firstly, I fell in love with this blog because of the title of the posts--Location timelines part 1 and part 2.  I love timelines and I don't feel that these research tools are utilized enough here is another post about general timelines.    Other titles that caught my eye were:  Compiled Genealogies, Do Your Own Research, and Question About Privacy.  Loved the concepts, ideas and knowledge of  Michele Simmons Lewis.  Go check out her blog and leave a comment!

 Top 40 Genealogy Blogs in 2013
This list is from Family Tree Magazine.  There are 6 categories:
  • Good advice
  • Tech support
  • Gravestone matters
  • Heritage help
  • Shop talk
  • Story time
I haven't had a chance to go through ALL of the mentioned sites, however if you find one you like please share!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales