Wild Fire

Yesterday this is what I saw out my window:
There was a wildfire out here by my house.  I am fine and luckily I was not  evacuated, HOWEVER as soon as I saw this smoke I began packing.  I gathered up a few of my personal belongings and then focused on my collection of genealogy, family heirlooms, and photographs that family members have entrusted me with.  
 I have a serious obligation and responsibility to protect everything that I have acquired and been given.  I know that I have made and distributed copies of most everything I have, however, there are original items that could never be replaced. 
I packed up all of the photographs, heirlooms, 
and my research into my RV so that I could evacuate if necessary. 
The main message of this post is this: 
 I have been entrusted with priceless treasures 
and I take this responsibility very seriously. 
 
(Here is a link to my personal blog for more photographs and information about the fire.)



Comments

  1. Jeez, this looks scary! I saw some video of the fires out there, but I didn't realize you were so close to it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales