Keepsakes

(Picture taken by Athena Lott Nieman)
Here is a picture of my newest little grand-daughter.  For her blessing, my daughter asked me to crochet her a dress, and then my daughter asked her mother-in-law, the baby's other grandmother to crochet her a bonnet to match the dress.  My daughter wanted her daughter to have a special keepsake from both of her grandmothers.  What a special idea and what a special way for this little girl to always have something special to remember her two grandmothers by.

What christening or blessing keepsakes or traditions does your family have?  Has the item been documented through a letter or journal entry? 

I encourage you to write down today any special memories or traditions your family has.  These memories that you have that are special and close to your heart NEED to be shared with other members of your family, otherwise when you are gone, they will ONLY be in your heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales