Current Project

 I haven't been blogging much on this site, and I haven't been doing any research.  However I have been very busy.  I have continued to update the Frontier Mine No. 1 disaster blog at:  http://fronterminedisaster.blogspot.com/.  I first learned about this disaster back in 2000 when I was doing research in Kemmerer about the John Richard Roberts(8) and Selina Parker(162) family. I have been drawn to this story and the accident.  During the time I lived in Wyoming I collected and gathered information about the disaster, and then for my History of Wyoming research project I wrote a research paper on the affects the disaster had on the community. 

 I have always felt like this story has to be told and shared. There are some remarkable stories sprinkled in the newspapers during that time period.  There are accounts of hero's, family tragedies, and an insight in to the coal mines and coal mining communities during that time period. 

 Because I have gathered so much information I wanted to share what I had.  What better way to share than a blog.  Hopefully visitors to the site will learn more about their ancestor, their ancestors' family, the community, and how each person living in Kemmerer and Frontier may have been impacted by the disaster.

I am still adding to the website, but I am almost done.  Go visit the site, and pass it onto other family members.

Comments

  1. My step father's father was Thomas William Roberts. Do you have information about him? He was killed in the 1923 explosion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales