A little frustration...

Saturday I spent the afternoon hunched under a microfilm reader on B2 at the Family History Library, searching church records looking for the family of Hugh(1) Roberts.  After all, I have his father's given name,  I have their religion, and I have the church where they were married.  I just need some supporting evidence to prove this marriage certificate I received in the mail from the GRO is for our Hugh and Margaret. 

I did find some census records that I believe are Hugh listed with his parents and siblings, however, I still lack that one thread that connects this whole family with our family.  I need just one nugget of information that will stitch up this family with one more generation.

I did get on NewFamilySearch, and entered the names from the census records.  I was hoping that I would be able to link onto a family whose information was already in the database and then my research would be correcting and documenting, however that is not the case. And looking for Roberts' and Jones' in Wales, are like looking for Smith's and Jones' in America. 

Keepin' on stitchin' that family quilt and lookin' for that single nugget that ties this whole family up...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales