Update on Research

Yesterday I spent 3 hours at the Family History Library.

Today I just spent 6 hours today adding over 48 documents to my Roots Magic program, source index, and digital document file.

I am finally caught up!

However, I now have 3 pages of research questions of things I  need to look up! 

The search continues.  .  .that's the fun and addiction of it all!

As I prepare for my family history trip, I am getting very nervous!

Why?

I wanted to collect and find all the documents I could possibly find before I leave for Iowa.  There is no sense in traveling across the country when I could have searched the internet or looked at some films or books at the Family History Library.

I did an extensive search last fall and winter finding only a few things until I ended at the intersection of nothing and nowhere!  Suddenly, I search as I prepare for this trip, the heavens are opened and it's raining documents and sources!

Yesterday alone I located 3 US census records, 1 Iowa State census record, 2 birth records, 1 marriage record and 1 death certificate!

One thing lead to another and it all began with INDEXING!!!!

So, a big shout out to all the indexers out there THANK YOU!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales