100th Year Commemoration

 

I have been working to get ready for the 100th anniversary of this coal mining disaster.  I will be marking every grave with a yellow flower (similar to my Memorial Day tradition), and I will be giving a guided tour through the cemetery following the flag ceremony and program. 

For the last month, I have been working with the cemetery and drawing up a map of the burial plots of the miners who were killed.  I have also attended the Lincoln County Historical meetings, hiked up to the mine site with a group, been in discussions regarding the new memorial sign that is in the works, and attended a Kemmerer City Council meeting.

There has been so much effort and work for this commemoration program, and I have to give a big shout out to Carol, the president of the Lincoln County Historical Society.  She has been amazing and wonderful to work with. 

I will update more about the event and program, afterwards.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales