Finally, an update!

 

 It has been entirely too long since I posted!

 I took December off to visit with family, but then 2023 did not start very well.  January and February 2023, I spent in bed with various illnesses, and the month of March was mostly recovering, healing, and trying to catch up on everything that needs to be done in regular life!

 Today, I f-i-n-a-l-l-y got the last of everything caught up!  Yay! 

August through October I spent doing miscellaneous genealogy while not a “project” I was still quite busy.  November 2022, I finished my grandmother’s book of genealogy, documents, and awards.  I was able to give these tribute books to family for Christmas.  They will be available in a couple of weeks.  November also brought several great finds, thanks to a Facebook post of a resource I was unaware of,  I was able to order 8 death certificates and one birth certificate.  This was a really great break through and I was so excited!

December 2022 I spent with family and coaching grandchildren in journaling.  I am teaching them fun ways to journal hoping it will instill lifelong habits of recording their little lives.

I was able to work in Family Search, clean up, and utilize hints and problem helps for all of the Hugh & Margaret Roberts family members and their descendants.  I started this same process for the 99 coal miners from the Frontier Mine No. 1 disaster, but have not yet completed this task.  I am also, adding all the documents I have and the photographs of the coal miner’s headstones.  The last time I went through and spent a great deal of time in Family Search was 2012 through 2014.  (Thankfully, Family Search has a “My Contributions” tab, which tracks many fun things!  Go check it out!)  Therefore, I am long over-due to work in Family Search again!

There are several new features on Family Search that I love.  I am happy that you can no longer delete some individuals; records must be combined. 

 


 


The other feature I love is the red banner alert across the top for special situations.  This banner notifies others of specific research and documented findings.     

 


I also love the record hints, and the way that Family Search has you compare records, explain reasoning, and easily add information from the source to the individual record.  This comparison and explanation is also used, when you combine or do not combine what the program deems as duplicate individuals.

I have also, been Indexing again.  It has been a long time since I indexed, and I am glad my ward is meeting regularly to index as a group, as it persuades me regularly contribute.

Finally, I am looking forward to May, and placing Memorial Day flowers at the graves of our ancestors and the 99 Frontier Mine No. 1 coal miners.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales