Memorial Day Project, 2022



I have been busy getting everything ready for Memorial Day weekend.  I have tagged all the flowers for the Roberts family members and for the Frontier Mine No. 1 coal miners.  This is a fun tradition I look forward to every year.  I enjoy paying tribute to our ancestors and to the Frontier Mine No. 1 coal miners who died in 1923.  It is my hope that anyone visiting these graves who have not been in contact with me, will contact me.


This year I decided to "permanently" tag and identify all of my heirlooms.  Each tag contains a description of the item, who the item belonged to, and the line of ownership of each item.  All items will then be stored with these tags and labels.  There were a couple of logistics that had to be considered.  I wondered how to label framed photographs without harming the photograph.  I decided to slip the labels into the frame on the outside of the glass.  Another problem I ran into was, how to mark a year book and smaller three ring binder.  I decided to attach "bookmarks" with labeled descriptions attached to a ribbon and added to the books--I must add these turned out very nice.    Other items, I made tags with descriptions, attached a ribbon, and tied the ribbon onto the heirloom.  I am pleased to finally have most items labeled.  All items will make a very nice display for this next weekend. 

I have been busy working on a couple of scrap books.  The first scrap book I had created for my father's 80th birthday, but because of time constraints, the book was put together very quickly.  This past week, I took time to identify and decorate the book so it is more attractive.  (No originals were harmed in the making of the scrap book.) 

The second book, was a book I started for the Roberts family many years ago. It served as a safe way to preserve a couple of oversized photographs and pages that I used when I taught or gave presentations.  I added three new beautiful pages of heirlooms and descriptions.  


If you have not received your invitation, contact me for the details, or look on our Facebook page.  I am excited to see everyone next weekend.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales