Giving Thanks

 


    As I reflect upon this past month and my blessings, I would be ungrateful if I did not acknowledge the many blessings I have, especially when it comes to genealogy.

    I have been greatly blessed with the ability, resources and means to devote my time to research and writing.  I have been able to devote years and years to research at libraries, museums, repositories, cemeteries, colleges, and archives.  I have been blessed to learn technology, computer programs, digital photography, photo restoration, scanning, and other skills. 

    I have been blessed to take advantage of education within the genealogical community as well as community resources and college classes.  I am grateful for a personal collection of books, maps, and devices that allow me to research in my own home.

    I have been blessed with family who are willing to share their time, information, photographs, documents, certificates, and knowledge with me.  I have been blessed to meet relatives who I am not only related to, but now have a friendship.

    I am blessed with a questioning mind and a talent of knowing where to look for what I need.  I do not know where the questions come from, but I ask them and cannot rest until I find the answer or exhaust all means necessary.

    I am grateful for the ability to share my knowledge through writing and working on my books.  I have learned so much about writing, publishing, and editing.  I am excited to share my information and knowledge.

    I am blessed to come from ancestors who were not famous, rich, or notorious.  I am blessed to be a descendent of regular people who had trials, loves, and regular lives.  I am blessed for their tenacity, endurance, and choices to make a better life. 

    I am blessed beyond measure for the experiences that being a family historian has given me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales