Hopefully. . .



Sometimes I wonder what my ancestors would think of me as I search every nook and cranny to find information about their lives!  What if they were private people and would not necessarily want someone, especially a hundred years later, poking about their business!

I will admit I have searched for living people, and as I do that, I wonder, if the extended cousins would feel the same way about me poking my nose in their business!  It isn’t that I have done it on purpose, sometimes I have just assumed, yes you heard me—assumed, that someone has passed away when they haven’t.  Embarrassing!

Hopefully, my ancestors know me well enough by now to understand that I am just trying to learn about them and understand who they were.  Hopefully, they understand that by putting the pieces of their lives back together I learn about them and become familiar with them and together we develop a relationship of understanding and familiarity. 
Hopefully. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales