Percy Roberts(28)


Percy Roberts, enlisted on 17 March 1918 and served with the 108th Ammunition Train, in the 33rd Infantry, 91 Division.

From Percy:
 “I have not much to tell you, but I have gone through a little and I wouldn’t give anything for my experience over here, but I know I can’t tell you in my letter, but I think I can keep it in my head." (6 Dec 1918, Rock Springs Miner.)


   “I can call myself lucky for pulling through three drives without a scratch." (3 January 1919, Rock Springs Miner.)
      “I will write a few lines to let you know I am well and still alive and hope that the rest of the family are the same."  (9 May 1919, Rock Springs Miner.)


Thank you Percy for all of the letters you sent home.  Thank you Janet Howie for sharing with  the Rock Springs  Miner those letters.  Thank you Rock Springs Miner for printing excerpts and letters from the local soldiers in WWI.


 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales