A New Baby, A Serious Illness, A Birthday and A Death

What a crazy two months it has been.  My daughter visited from out-of-town for the month of June.  I knew I wouldn't get much blogging done, so I scheduled planned posts to automatically post until July 4, at which time I would start posting again--then July hit!

All went well, until the new grand baby scheduled to be born around July 19 came on the 11th, the mommy got really ill a week after baby's birth and then my great aunt died! 

So, you will have to excuse me for my lack of posts--I was dealing with real life and living people!

As I welcomed a beautiful little grand daughter I hoped great things for her;  health, happiness, safety, and plenty of love.  I examined her sweet little hands and feet and wondered at the things she would see and do.

Birthday's are always a time of reflection on the previous year; how much have I accomplished, how much  I have left to do, where I've come from and where I'm going, etc., etc.

When my daughter got really ill I worried about her, her four little children and her husband, and longed to remove any pain from them.  Thankfully prayers were answered and she recovered and is doing well.

Finally, I sat in the beautiful funeral services for my great aunt, I listened to a tribute and an accounting of her life and her legacy.  It was also a time to visit with close relatives and long lost cousins. 

Now, July is gone and August is here and I realized July was a "life-time".    It began with a birth ended with a death and had serious life issues in between!

July was a month of serious reflection for me, and an opportunity to once again see why  family history and genealogy work is so important.  Every person that lives has their story written on the hearts of their family members.  Every person that lives makes an impression in this world; great or small, an impression none-the-less.  And, doesn't everyone's story deserve to be told in their honor and for their life?  Yes, they do, and that is why I do this work--to tell the stories and to learn about the lives of my ancestors.  Each one of them mattered, just like my family matters to me.  They all had mother's and father's and siblings who loved them.  They all had good days and bad days and they all had their own struggles.  Just because they have passed on, doesn't mean their lives can't help and matter to me and my life. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales