Here's the scoop!

I love researching.
I love researching in the cemetery.
I love researching on the computer.
I love searching microfilms.
I love looking through old newspapers.
I love looking through old marriage applications.
I love finding new/old information about my family,
and
I have been having a BLAST!

I received my free  invites for Ancestry.com, Findmypast, and My Heritage.com. (See Familysearch.org)

I love having these databases available to me all the time.  Previously, I only used them when I was at the Library volunteering; which meant that I would do most of my research at the Library on my spare time.   While at home I would organize, sort, analyze and add my information to my RootMagic software program.

I work on the US/Canada Zone, so I don't get any training on Findmypast.  Since I have received my complimentary subscription,  I have been able to spend more personal time learning to use the Findmypast site.  I am no expert, but I will say, I am getting better and I am able to refer patrons and class members to this site and I can say with personal first-hand knowledge that it is a great site!

My searching on Ancestry.com continues to improve and with the extra time I have spent searching, I have become more proficient at searching and locating records.  This knowledge and creative searching I am able to pass on to class members, patrons/guests and others who ask for help.

My Heritage.com I have not used at all, so I cannot comment on at all.  I need to get on that site and see what there is and how to search it.

Happy researching. . . .and thank you,
Familysearch.org
Ancestry.com
Findmypast.com
My Heritage


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales