FamilySearch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research

 


I was doing some research last week and came upon this in the Wikipedia.  I thought, "genius, this should be incorporated by Family Search." 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if "Unsourced material"  could easily "be challenged and removed."


Yesterday, I was on FamilySearch.  Yep, I found a mess.  Please, please, PLEASE make sure you know what you are doing BEFORE you go in and start adding, changing, and combing information.  Hugh's (1) parents have been combined with another family.  This information is very wrong.  I will be working with my dad to unscramble this mess and to add the correct parents of Hugh. 

P.S. If you have added Hugh's parents and believe that they are correct on FamilySearch I beg you PLEASE send me the sources.  Please send me your information and documents.  I have tried to contact submitters by email, but no one has responded. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales