Wyoming Cemetery Project

Dear Family & Readers,
A couple of months ago I drove up to Rock Springs for a mini family history trip. It was a short trip that was not very well planned out or prepared. However, it gave me an opportunity to remind myself of what I love and what my passion is---research in the cemeteries, micro-film, and county records...

The fun of it...Makes me giddy just to think of it. Anyway, I decided to collect and gather all of my cemetery records into one place, a book about the Roberts family members buried in Wyoming.

I currently have allot of information, but if you have any information about the cemeteries in Wyoming where our Roberts' family members are buried please share. I am hoping to have the book complete by the spring, but that may be too ambitious.

Most fascinating these past few weeks I have been working on the symbols used on headstones and in cemeteries. I have found this most interesting and amusing. Here are a few links you might find interesting:

A-Z Cemetery Symbols @
http://tales.co.uk/A_ZINDEX.HTML

About.com @
http://genealogy.about.com/od/cemetery_records/ig/tombstone_symbols/

Comments

  1. This is a great idea! Keep us apprised as to how this project progresses.

    Michael Roberts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Where They Walked: Park Hotel

What is a mortcloth?

Bagillt, Flintshire, Wales